Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My First Quinceanera

This weekend I had the privilege to attend my first quinceanera. It was quite a fabulous event that was more extravagant then I believe my wedding will ever be. For those of you that are not familiar, I have enclosed a definition for your review:

Quinceañera (lit. meaning One (f.) who is fifteen), sometimes called fiesta de quince años, fiesta de quinceañera, quince años or simply quince, is the celebration of a girl's fifteenth birthday in parts of Latin America and elsewhere in communities of people from Latin America. This birthday is celebrated differently from any other birthday, as it marks the transition from childhood to young womanhood. The celebration, however, varies significantly across countries, with celebrations in some countries taking on, for example, more religious overtones than in others.

I have enclosed a picture of Beni's cousin, Romi and I dressed to the nine! (Also, please take note of the growing baby bump!)

 

There have been so many things that I have noticed in my body changing and here are a few updates:


15 Weeks

Have you started to show yet? Yeeees.... Have you not seen this baby bump?

Total weight gain: 2 pounds --> Goal is no more then 20

Food cravings: Well last week it was pickles EVERYTHING! But not its just sweets.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken, the worst, most disgusting thing ever.

Miss anything? Sleeping on my stomach

Best moment this week: Finally starting baby shower planning 
 
Looking forward to: 2 more weeks until we know what Baby Ruiz is!
 
Baby buys: I bought a pregnancy journal and we started our registry if that counts. I may buy my diaper bag sometime soon!! Tell me what you think! OHHHH AND I have handpicked the fabrics that my fabulous friend Stacie is going to help me with the nursery to design. 





 Here are just a sneak peak of the fabrics for the nursery. There is some pink so this probably won't work for a boy. :( But I am pretty darn sure it is a girl!



 Well till next week!

-Tiffany 

No comments:

Post a Comment